Social Media Guru
The Social Media Guru is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. The Social Media Guru will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation. Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to the Social Media Guru’s success. He/She must be able to communicate our clients’ brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Continually grow our fan base and promote our content from organic to paid promotion.
- Listen, respond, ask questions and engage our audience. The Social Media Guru should understand the sales process to respond correctly. Further prospect engagement, eventually guiding them to a product display page, signup form or appointment.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics. Develop and implement a social media marketing plan with the goal of converting fans into customers. The marketing plan will include the following components and should be reviewed no less than every 90 days. Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI. Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Compile reports for management showing analysis of key metrics, tweaking strategy as needed including:
- Audience Growth, Engagement and Engagement by Content Type
- Content Reach
- Response Rate and Quality
- Negative Feedback
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Admission to the TBGA network is not guaranteed. Applicants are judged solely on their submissions, resumes and work samples. Please note that it is necessary to complete the form below in its entirety, in order to submit the application.